Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Fat Girl vs. The Skinny Girl

I've created this blog so I have something to report to everyday of my new healthy lifestyle.
No doubt this will be a long journey.
I am embarking on a new healthy lifestyle. I've been flirting with the idea for 9 months now... trying out running, for one day; trying out vegetarianism, for one week; even joining healthy blogs like "the kind life" and "california dreamin'".
But after a few wake up calls and chaffing marks on my legs....I've decided enough is ENOUGH.
i'm tired of looking at myself as the fat girl, and still feeling like the skinny girl.

I was NEVER skinny but I did feel thin. You know? Like my stomach had a roll in it when I sat down in a chair but i never had a bulge. My thighs may have jiggled a little when I ran but they never rubbed together. Well, after 2 years of emotional eating and just plain giving up...I am done!
Plus, after having a baby my body has completely changed and I cant eat the foods I used to enjoy. I struggle with dairy mostly. After seeing the movie Food Inc. and reading The Kind Life, I am seriously considering a vegan diet (which should definitely help with the weightloss). I'm not going cold turkey (pun intended), I am going cut out dairy first and then meat.

I am going to have a lot of entries that consist of just what I ate that day and what I did to excercise. With the help of a friend, I am hoping to lose close to 40lbs.

Here I go!

LOVE, AMY.

4 comments:

  1. Let me know if you ever want to give Weight Watchers a try. I've been doing it for two years now. I go to the meetings off Sunrise across the street from the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not going to lie i laughed super hard at your blog title....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. milf production? i thought it was clever! ;)

    ReplyDelete